Located in Quinta do Lago, the heart of the Algarve, surrounded by the Natural Park of Ria Formosa, Monte da Quinta Resort is ideal for families, golf and nature lovers, or even, for those looking for an extended stay to benefit from the sun and mild temperatures of the Algarve winter.
The Resort offers 132 suites, 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms distributed by two floors, spacious, fully equipped and ideal for both a stay for two as for a perfect family holiday.
In our restaurants you can find a choice of international cuisine, a quick snack for lunch, or a more complete dining experience. Be sure to try the talents of our Chef.
For younger guests, the Hakuna Matata kid's club is the venue for great fun. Totally free for kids, 4 to 12 years, and open six days a week. Our team is eager to invent new games for the children.
Whether for an exclusive cocktail or an exotic tea, stop by Peacock Bar and travel around the world with our Menu.
Magnolia, a flower of rare beauty and unmistakable perfume, gives the name to the Resort. Pamper yourself, relax and enjoy. Complete the experience with a training session at the gym or the indoor pool where you will also find the sauna, Jacuzzi and Turkish Bath.
Previous 3-5 years Experience is essential for this position
English language is a “MUST”. Portuguese is a plus.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• To prepare, cook, present and assist with serving the food according to standard recipes, observing the correct portion control procedures at all times.
• To ensure that the highest standards of food presentation and service are achieved by displaying the highest standards possible, and by promoting a positive presence .
• Be able to resolve customer complaints, adhering to excellent service standards, ensuring that you pass any complaint onto your superior.
• To be able to check the quantity and quality of food and to make a list to bring up to the necessary level for the next service.
• To ensure food is correctly dated, labeled, report sub standard products, record and report the waste to your superior
• To inform your superior of any goods required, to fill out any requisitions and hand them to superiors for signature.
• To follow the correct usage of equipment as necessary according to training.
• To be involved with developing the menus by putting forward ideas for production.
• To assist with any special duties involved with functions as directed. It is mandatory to be vigilant and aware of individual responsibilities of HACCP.
Education: High School level/ Hotel School
Technical/ functional competencies: Requires good communication skills such as read, write and speak in English is a must.
Basic Computer knowledge: EFST Certification